- (Internet, slang) To commit suicide.
- 2009, 9 May, henri, Re: NOMINATION - Bill Jillians/"<p>sychotic <c>hicken" For KotM & CotM .. (was) Re: hey guys ... anyone want in on a flame war I'm starting between 2 groups , https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.suicide.holiday/Vw1pRYvSW1k/xg-0cwmL4nsJ, alt.suicide.holiday, “So an hero already.”
- 2012, Parmy Olson, We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency, Little, Brown and Company (2012), ISBN 9780316213530, unnumbered page: It soon became a trend on 4chan to describe someone as “an hero”—before it morphed into the verb form: “I'm going to an hero.”
- 2013, Trevor James Zaple, Disappearance, Lulu (2013), ISBN 9781300749301, Chapter 1: So I’m going to an hero on webcam he continued typing and I’ll post the link to the stream in a second.
- (Internet, slang) One who commits suicide.
- 2007, 10 August, the_boy_blunder [username], Fiddildy Fucking Dee, it's enough to make you not want to kill yourself, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.suicide.holiday/9kKAXGS1dgE/h8ZHTqjHRkEJ, alt.suicide.holiday, “In the clip, Dave Mustaine (our hero of the story, yet not yet "an hero") is shown recording "Through the Darkest Hour" a song about wanting to kill yourself because your bird left you.”
- 2008, 24 December, Alex Clark, Re: Tom Cruise on Kimmel last night, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.religion.scientology/l9jBAx9SlZQ/ufGh9mS7vHUJ, alt.religion.scientology, “Some of us were beginning to think you'd made yourself into "an hero" for Christmas, but I always knew you'd be back.”
- 2009, 22 August, ., BECOMING AN HERO, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.suicide.holiday/eqbtJIYAm8s/_FAfBDzB2LIJ, alt.suicide.holiday, “I like how I can tell someone that I want to become an hero and they have no idea that I'm talking about suicide.”