- (informal) anthropology
- 1992, Ann Wilson, Fearful Symmetry, , , http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/25743 , “Unlikely as it seemed, he might somehow return to the Empire, and if that happened, any information he could bring back would be valuable to the socio and anthro specialists. ”
- (informal) An anthropomorphic character.
- 2012, Lindsay Cibos, Jared Hodges, Draw More Furries: How to Create Anthropomorphic Fantasy Creatures Extra animals add complexity, but the benefit is that you're more likely to create a unique new character. There's hundreds of wolf anthros, but how many zebra-striped pig-tigers are there?
- (informal) anthropomorphic
- 2004, Brad Guigar, The everything cartooning book (page 146) They are to anthro cartoonists what Trekkies are to Star Trek, gathering for special conventions that feature anthro cartoons and cartoonists.