- (UK) /ap/
- (US) /æp/
- (computing) An application (program), especially a small one designed for a mobile device.
- (informal) appetizer
- 2007, Evelyn Spence, Explorer's Guide Colorado's Classic Mountain Towns The food is some of Breck's best: apps like sweet potato gnocchi with smoked chicken and sage cream…
- 2009, Robin Asbell, New Vegetarian If you lay out a platter of these exciting, beautiful vegetarian appetizers, the other apps will pale in comparison.
- 2010, Bill Allen, Grillin', Chillin', and Swillin' (page 1) This is not to say that we only serve apps at dinner parties. Quite the contrary; but for smaller gatherings, good appetizers can distinguish you as a host who puts more thought and effort into his or her party menu. Better yet, most apps are relatively easy to make…
- (military) application not a computer program
- (sports) an appearance in a game (e.g., a player with 10 apps in a season played 10 times)
- pap, PAP