- Used other than as an idiom: arse, about Quit arsing about and get to work!
- (1811) To turn round.
- (slang) The wrong way round; exactly opposite to that which is desirable; contrary; conceptually invert; wrong. You've got this arse-about!
- 1995, David Wills, Prosthesis, Stanford University Press, page 207, For the dome of the belly turned arse about has its parallel in the eye that falls out like the contents of a broken egg and that in its evocation of and preempting of regeneration becomes, in Bataille's novel, unremittingly erotic and polymorphously perverse.
- 2007, L. J. Spears, Jack Flagg, page 66, Strike me if wasn't thinking old Colonel Bill had got it arse about.
- 2008, Kieran Kelly, Aspiring, Pan MacMillan Australia, page 65, ‘This is arse-about, you know,’ I said. ‘You′ve got the athletic skills, and I'm the one going mountain climbing.….’