- (colloquial) Oriented backwards, particularly after a mishap. The car spun out of control and I ended up ass-backwards in a ditch.
- (idiomatic, colloquial) Hopelessly misguided; having taken the utterly wrong choice. No wonder it doesn't work. The whole design is ass-backwards.
- (colloquial) Moving backwards, that is, rear end first.
- (idiomatic, colloquial) In a hopelessly misguided manner. They did the whole design ass-backwards. No wonder it doesn't work.
- backasswards, back-asswards
- bassackwards, bass-ackwards