- (vulgar) Patterns of behavior consistent with that of an asshole.
- 1973 — As the War's front moves away from them, and the Casino becomes more and more a rear area, as the water grows more polluted and the prices rise, so the personnel coming down on leave get noisier and more dedicated to pure assholery - none of Tantivy's style about them, his habit of soft-shoe dancing when drunk, his make-believe foppishness and shy, decent impulses to conspire, however marginally, whenever possible, against power and indifference. — , Gravity's Rainbow
- 1973 — Decisions are never really made - at best they manage to emerge, from a chaos of peeves, whims, hallucinations and all-round assholery. — Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow
- 1976 — Garp felt dishonest with Cushie for not mentioning what he took to, be the utter assholery of her father, Fat Stew. — , The World According to Garp
- 1983 — It was a piece of utter assholery of course, like the stupid confidence of a man who believes it's safe to drive when totally shitfaced as long as he's wearing his St. Christopher's medallion. — , Pet Sematary