- Rhymes: kantaa, lantaa, pantaa, rantaa, santaa
- (transitive) To give; to allow; to present, donate; to issue. Annoin Liisalle kukat. I gave Liisa flowers.
- (transitive + genitive + infinitive) To let, allow, permit. Anna hänen mennä. Let him go.
- (transitive) To distribute, hand/pass out.
- (transitive) To grant, confer.
- (colloquial) To consent to have sex (with = allative).
- (to consent to have sex) This usage means very often that the person consenting to have sex is the submissive party, not necessarily enjoying the activity that much.
- (give) ottaa
- (let, allow, permit) kieltää; estää